YOU ARE NEEDED!
Hospice Volunteers do important and rewarding work. Without the efforts of volunteers, Three Rivers Hospice could not continue its mission of providing care and comfort to patients and their families who are coping with terminal illness. Volunteers form close bonds with patients and families. Their presence is comforting and anticipated. Volunteers provide a smiling face, a hand to hold, and a sharing of love and compassion.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS USE THEIR GIFTS IN MANY WAYS:
- Volunteers keep the patient company by sharing a walk or a talk, or by reading books or articles.
- Volunteers provide a link to the community.
- Volunteers provide a respite for caregivers who otherwise would not be able to have time for themselves.
- Volunteers lend a sympathetic ear and a compassionate shoulder.
- Volunteers lend bereavement support.
- Volunteers can share their specialties, such as massage, music, pet therapies, or hair-styling services.
- Volunteers work at home to sew gowns and crochet lap robes.
- Volunteers share craft ideas and make gifts for hospice patients.
- Volunteers help behind the scenes with clerical work.
CAN YOU HELP?
If you are a caring and compassionate person and have as little as one hour a week to share… we can promise you a rewarding volunteer experience!
Three Rivers Hospice provides free training at your convenience, in your area. We offer continuing education, along with a library of resources to use for support, as well as borrow books, magazines, games, and activities to use for quality visits with patients.